Things that may make your Neurofeedback experience more successful:
- Hydrate well and have protein before and after sessions
- Eliminate junk food and sweets (can be done over time), and steer towards a whole food diet. Think of your body like soil in a garden; if we use soil that is tilled and fertilized and nurtured, the plants will grow better!
- Email your experiences from the session to the technician. This helps us to keep your experience in mind, and to make appropriate adjustments before your next session, so you can get the most out of the process!
- Be prompt for your sessions. Often, the things we plan for your unique symptoms need time to run, so plan on arriving just a little early to maximize your benefits!
- Avoid use of alcohol, marijuana, or other substances for the night after your session. Limit use of these during the week.
- Attend regular sessions. Neurofeedback requires repetition, to "teach" the brain and nervous system to function better. Missed sessions may slow down or disrupt the process.
- Also, be aware that some brains change quickly, and some take more time to change. Be patient with the process, and be sure to speak with us about your experiences with the process.